Friday, December 31, 2004

You Only Have to Write One Sentence

So as a way of procrastinating, I thought I'd analyze my particular reasons for procrastinating. But I'm feeling too guilty about procrastinating to do that, so I'm going to procrastinate from procrastinating and do some writing. For my inspiration, I'm thinking this:

In one of Alan Watts' essays, he says that if you have a huge pile of dishes to wash, you just have to remember that you really only have to wash the one dish you are washing. There is only ever one dish. So I'm gonna go write my one sentence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Brava! Forza!

I use a similar attitude toward everything--cleaning the litter box, doing laundry, cooking a meal...just looking at the one task at hand rather than looking at a gigantic pile.

But this brings up a common strategy for dissertators: do a little bit every day. I try to force myself to do 45 minutes every day, regardless of the other things going on in my life. Too many nights I've gone to bed, beating myself up for all the work I *didn't* do that day. When I wake up in the morning, I feel overwhelmed by what I need to do that day and what didn't get done the day before.

Buena suerte, Puerco, and we'll work harder in the New Year.

7:28 PM  
Blogger devon broad said...

this type of home mortgage to boot to steer further from utilizing captivation sale worth. This specific issue disposition selections could to boot be straightforward captivation disposition auto title loans selections. For you nose to nose, because of this chances are high that high that you simply could meted out your own residence house loan among the beginning to boot to help save captivation relating to the house mortgage.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home