Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Warning: Somewhat Cheery Post

Hoo-boy, so I got this friend who's also a grad student (go figure) and probably hates being in the diss writing process as much as I do but is way better at the whole thing than I am. Maybe it's her wry optimism (yes, there is such a thing), but she's the only grad student that makes me feel better about this whole process. I actually almost got excited (*!) the other day when I was emailing with her about my current chapter topic. I realized it was because I didn't feel like I had to impress her and I could write it very casually without having to worry about seeming "critically correct" (politically correct's way more evil twin). I wish she would join this damn blog and post something because she is so damn funny, too. She just wipes the grime off my glasses with her snaky loopy sentences. Here's my official thanks, ______. I'd name my diss after you if they allowed that kind of thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I have a friend with the same voodoo majik; ironically, she's probably writing on her diss and has no time to blog.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Porkorama said...

Writing on her diss and has no time to blog? That does not compute.

11:17 AM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Where are you people?

Don't tell me you are dissing now? I've been curious--what are your topics? is it safe to say?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Porkorama said...

Argh...I'm afraid to even say what department I'm in lest I be discovered. Half the time I think I'm being paranoid, half the time I think I'm not being paranoid enough.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Porkorama said...

Oh, yeah...Francesca is probably actually writing her dissertation. That kind of leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling that makes you not want to bitch about having to write your dissertation.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home